Hello, you gorgeous/handsome reporter/blogger/reviewer!
Thanks for your interest in me. I’ve created this page of handy links and cut-and-paste info JUST FOR YOU! Obviously, if there’s something you need that you can’t find here, it is totally my fault and I hope you will accept my sincere apology. Shoot a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will furnish the missing piece(s) promptly! If you live near-ish, I’ll even deliver them in person. Maybe with a margarita.
Jenna McCarthy is an internationally published writer, TED speaker, former radio personality and the author of several books including If It Was Easy They’d Call the Whole Damn Thing a Honeymoon: Living with and Loving the TV-Addicted, Sex-Obsessed, Not-so-handy Man You Married and I’ve Still Got It, I Just Can’t Remember Where I Put It: Awkwardly True Tales from the Far Side of Forty. Her writing has appeared in more than sixty magazines, on dozens of web sites and in several anthologies including the popular Chicken Soup series. She lives with her husband, two daughters and an army of pets in sunny Santa Barbara, California, where she enjoys hiking, entertaining, crafting with her kids and researching cures for snoring-induced insomnia. In her spare time, she wonders what she used to do with all of her spare time. You can read about the time she was escorted out of her office by a cop and see her in the bathtub at www.jennamccarthy.com.
jenna McCarthy is an internationally published writer, TED speaker, former radio personality and the author of several books including If It Was Easy They’d Call the Whole Damn Thing a Honeymoon: Living with and Loving the TV-Addicted, Sex-Obsessed, Not-so-handy Man You Married and I’ve Still Got It, I Just Can’t Remember Where I Put It: Awkwardly True Tales from the Far Side of Forty. Her writing has appeared in more than sixty magazines, on dozens of web sites and in several anthologies including the popular Chicken Soup series. She lives with her husband and two daughters in sunny Santa Barbara, California, where she enjoys hiking, reading, entertaining and crafting with her kids. Visit her online at www.jennamccarthy.com.
[YOU HAVE ZERO SPACE VERSION]
Jenna McCarthy is a speaker and the author of several funny books for kids and adults. Visit her at jennamccarthy.com.
Ten fun facts you might not know about me:
- In a long-ago life, I was an FM radio DJ. The highlight of that career was probably the time I pumped breast milk on the air. That or having my giant face plastered across the backs of busses all over town. You can choose for me.
- I have three tattoos: a dolphin on my ankle that I got in Amsterdam when I was 20, before tattoos were even really a thing unless you were in a motorcycle gang; a sun on my hip bone that I got with my dad when I came back from Amsterdam and he was pissed that “his daughter got a tattoo before he did” (he got an anchor on his arm); and an anchor on my foot, because he died way too young and I miss him all day every day so it makes me happy.
- I have to walk on the left side of people. This doesn’t seem to bother anyone I know except my husband. Go figure.
- My guilty pleasure is America’s Funniest Videos. There, I said it.
- I can recite, flawlessly and on command, the Pythagorean Theorem, the Letter of Paul to the Philippians I delivered on parent’s day in third grade, the complete list of English prepositions in alphabetical order (aboard, about, above, across, after, against, along, amid, among…) and the entire “is this a dagger which I see before me” soliloquy I memorized in high school. Ironically, I can never, ever find my keys or my car in the parking lot at Trader Joe’s.
- I went on a few dates with the guy who played Skippy on Family Ties. When he left town, I gave him my favorite FSU sweatshirt. I’m positive he still has it.
- I hate Halloween but I love costume parties.
- I drink coffee through a straw, and no, it’s not because I’m concerned about white teeth. (Not that I’m not concerned about them; that’s just not why I drink coffee through a straw. I have no idea why I do it, in fact. I’m sure therapy could shed some light on this.)
- My husband and I bought and renovated a house and the whole thing was documented on TV. That was in 2006 and the damned show still airs with unsettling frequency.
- If I wasn’t a writer, I’d be a professional organizer or an interior decorator. Or a mermaid.
[FIND JENNA ALL OVER THE WEB]
[SEE JENNA IN ACTION]
What You Don’t Know About Marriage (TED.com)
If It Was Easy They’d Call the Whole Damn Thing a Honeymoon (book trailer with a bonus bath tub scene!)
Beyond the Honeymoon (TODAY show)
You’ve Got… The Truth about Marriage (AOL.com)
Televised interview (The Creative Community)
Why We Get Married (Married with Luggage podcast)
Stupid Marriage Fights (The Mark Gungor Show)
Celebrity Authors Luncheon (CALM)
[RECENTLY PUBLISHED PIECES]
Ten Things You Should Know about the First Year of Marriage, Brides, October 2012
Say Goodbye to Stress for Good, Health, April 2012
Love in the Time of Renovation, Coastal Living, February 2012
5 Business Strategies that can Strengthen Your Marriage, Redbook, November 2011
…and many dozens more